Steve is the author of the popular Jamey Aebersold publication, Jazz Guitar Lines of the Greats. Book II is in the works.
Dr. Briody is an Associate Professor at Five Towns College in Long Island, NY, where he has taught graduate harmony, arranging, popular songwriting, big-band arranging, Jazz pedagogy, guitar instruction, and dissertation advising. Steve is also the director of the Five Towns College Jazz Orchestra, a 17-piece big-band.
He has contributed lesson articles for Guitar Player magazine and Just Jazz Guitar magazine.
His last CD, the nationally released Keep On Talkin’, was selected to the Grammy ballot for Best Pop Instrumental album.
NY-based guitarist Steve Briody has performed or recorded with Randy Brecker, Eric Marienthal, Funk Filharmonik, Jeff Lorber, Greg Adams, Carl Fischer’s Organic Groove, Charlie Daniels, Don Grusin, Dave Valentin, Mario Cruz’s Natural Selection, Paula Atherton, Bernard Purdie, and the Long Island Music Hall of Fame All-Star Band. He often plays in the NY area backing up vocalist Tom Bowes in the bands FM and SIR DUKE.
- I am pleased to announce the publication of 2 more Jazz Ensemble arrangements for CL Barnhouse/Smart Chart. Many thanks to Mike Carubia.
- The recent (12/10/15) Five Towns College “Evening of Jazz” was a huge success. All 5 groups were superb, and so was guest artist, Rippingtons’ keyboardist Bill Heller.
- Please look for my upcoming page on the Hotone pedals website. Thanks to Jack Knight at Samson Tech.
- Upcoming Jazz Ensemble festival at Five Towns College - 7 high school bands! Thursday, 3/17/16.
- Several upcoming gigs in January and February with Tom Bowes in his bands “Sir Duke” and “FM”.
JANUARY 8th - PARAMOUNT THEATRE - With Tom Bowes & “Sir Duke” - TICKETS:
Tickets | Friday Night Fever: A Night of 70's Disco & Soul - Huntington NY at Ticketmaster
Look for Steve’s composition “Footsteps” on sax great Eric Alexander’s recent album, Don’t Follow the Crowd…
Thanks very much for visiting my site. Feel free to email me or contact my cell: 631 645-4217.ARRANGEMENTS FOR JAZZ GUITAR ENSEMBLE:
I have many available-- most for 5 guitars and rhythm section. If interested, contact me anytime.